Bismillaah ar-Rahmaan ar-Raheem

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

Saturday 5 June 2010

You Know You're Fat When...

How does that expression go? 'You know you're fat when you can't fit in your old pair of jeans' or something like that. Well I'd like to propose a new expression. A much more accurate acid test for knowing when you're fat. Ready...

You know you're fat when... your're parents call you fat. :|

That's right, when you're parents call you fat, you KNOW you're fat. And guess what, I'm fat! Well my parents said it, so I've gotta be, right. You know, those same people that raised me, are supposed to love and support me no matter what. That's right, point blanc, no warning, they just put it out there...

OK, so I know I'm not really fat. Maybe I gained a little weight over the past year, but come on... what do you expect? A year at Uni living off of junk food (I didn't live out though... if I did then my parents would DEFINITELY have a point) can be a little unforgiving on the waistline. And it's not like I've been oblivious to the situation... I have a nice pair of jeans that I used to wear all the time that has been gathering dust in my cupboard for about 6 months now. But what can I do... I go on the treadmill, but I just can't cut down on the food. I love food too much, and you know what? Food loves me! It's a beautiful relationship we share (the antithesis of my hate-hate relationship with the treadmill). Food is my friend. A good Muslim never abandons a real friend, so unfortunately mum and dad, you're gonna have to get used to a plumper me for a while. How long is a while? Well, until it's time for me to get married of course ;).

And I'm not hating on my parents, they're only looking out for me. But mannn, how about looking out for my ego from time to time?

No comments:

Post a Comment