Bismillaah ar-Rahmaan ar-Raheem

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

Monday 9 August 2010

My Ramadan Ideas

InshaAllah, we have all been blessed by Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala to witness another Ramadan. I just wanted to write a post detailing how I intend to utilise my blog in this blessed month.
Alhamdulillah, last year I had a very beneficial Ramadan. I had the whole month free, and did the most 'ibadah and dhikr of Allah 'azza wa jal than I had ever done before in my life. I also felt that I had developed a stronger connection with the Qur'an. Unfortunately, I won't have as much free time this year, but nonetheless I do not intend to let this holy month that Allah 'azza wa jal has granted us to pass by without trying to gain from its numerous rewards. I'm going to be taking a course over the first two weekends of Ramadan called Journey Through The Qur'an (http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/event.php?eid=138985349447775). The course sounds really good and inshaAllah will be very beneficial. The following weekend I also intend to attend an iftaar event at my university that will also have a few talks. Besides that, I guess I'll just load up my iPod for work time, and try and spend as much of my evenings and weekends in my local musallah.
OK, as for my blog... My initial thought was that I should abstain from it for the whole of Ramadan. My thinking was that I shouldn't be wasting any precious minutes updating it (perhaps this was also an excuse to be lazy :)). And then I thought again... who am I kidding? I'm gonna end up wasting time somewhere anyway, so why not try and be a little productive and use my blog as a means for 'ibadah. As i have learnt from Mufti Muhammad ibn Adam, any deed with the right intention can be considered 'ibadah (the example he gave was that even if you had a sip of water, so as to replenish yourself so that you could carry on standing in salaah, or help keep you strong so that you can carry on doing the work of Allah tabaraka wa ta'ala, this will be considered an act of ibadah). I had some good ideas about some beneficial posts I could do throughout the month i.e. I was thinking of posting an ayaat of Qur'an a day that would be easy to memorise, along with translation and meaning. And then I remembered... I'm lazy. I don't wanna intend to do something like that and then start slacking. Especially in Ramadan. Imagine having such an intention and then not fulfilling it. So what I will do is post little reminders, tips, ahadith, and ayaat whenever I can. No promises as to how often. And no fiqh... well I'll try not to. Forgive me if I do, I do love studying fiqh, so I may slip up. I hope I won't post anything that I'm not qualified to, all I will really be doing is posting things I'd have heard or read, so nothing from my own thinking. If it seems that I'm over-stepping the boundaries, I implore you to please let me know. InshaAllah, I hope I'll be able to produce some posts that will be beneficial for both myself and for you(and by you, I mean the 5 readers I know about... (no more lying or deluding myself, it's Ramadan time!)).

OK, so that's the formalities out of the way. I love this time of year, more than any other. Alhamdulillah, Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala has truly showered his blessings upon us if we are able to witness another Ramadan, and inshaAllah we won't disrgard this favour of Allah and take it for granted.

(P.S. I'll still throw in a couple random 'secular' posts to keep the humour going :)).

4 comments:

  1. Assalaam Alaikum brother,

    Looking forward to the daily reminders, Insha'Allah. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wa 'alaikum assalaam wa rahmatullah.

    Daily!? That's what I tried getting myself out of! I was just re-listening to one of the talks by Sheikh Hesham al-Awadi on 'The 4 Imams', and he quoted Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal rahimahullah wa ta'ala as once saying "I don't want Allah to witness me making a good intention, and then invalidating it". SubhanAllah, it is only by the Qadr of Allah 'azza wa jal that I heard this pearl of wisdom so soon after I was expressed that point in this post. I'll try my best inshaAllah. What I think will happen is rather than daily posts, I'll end up writing every few days, but several posts on that day. InshaAllah it'll average out :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salaam brother,

    My mistake lol. What I actually meant to write was, frequent reminders, not daily. No pressure. Whatever you can share with us, whenever. Insha'Allah, I'm sure you will be able to keep up with your goal. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. InshaAllah and JazakumAllahu khayrun :).

    ReplyDelete